Johannesburg – 3 June, 2010 – TomTom, the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, is proud to announce several important enhancements to its popular TomTom app for iPhone, ensuring optimal routing and an even more intuitive navigation experience. The latest version of the TomTom app (Version 1.3.1) can be purchased on the App Store.
“TomTom continues to expand its offering of premier navigation services and features to a growing base of TomTom app for iPhone users. It makes the TomTom app for iPhone even more useful in our daily lives” said Joost Jetten, vice president Sales Sub Sahara Africa.
TomTom app for iPhone version 1.3.1 includes advanced features that are available for free to existing TomTom app customers:
– IQ Routes™ – Delivering what we call ‘intelligent routing’ – an ever smarter and efficient way of planning your daily route
– Advanced Lane Guidance – Navigating difficult junctions become easier than ever before. The realistic representation of highway junctions on the screen, including clear arrows indicating the lane direction, provides drivers with timely instructions to the correct lane so they are better informed about the situation ahead.
– Local Google Search – TomTom unlocks the power of online Local Search with Google allowing users to navigate to millions of locations at the tap of a screen.
– Pinch and zoom – Integrating one of the iPhone’s most popular features, the latest version of the TomTom app allows users to “pinch and zoom” for a more detailed view of the navigation map.
– New map update – The TomTom app now incorporates TomTom’s latest map, which was rated best for overall accuracy, including the special World Cup Point of Interest set.
– Automatic day/night mode – For a safer drive, the TomTom app now also calculates local sunrise and sunset times to automatically adjust the screen brightness while driving.
– Music fading – This music fading feature ensures that you never miss a navigation instruction while listening to music on your iPhone. The music volume decreases during turn-by-turn instructions and then increases when instructions are complete.
– Add to my TomTom feature – Save locations from other iPhone apps and Web browsers to your TomTom app.
Price and availability:
Continental and regional versions of the TomTom for iPhone app for iPhone Edge, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch users, are available at http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app.
The new version of the software is available for free to existing TomTom app for iPhone customers. As an additional incentive for new users to start using the application, TomTom is currently offering the Southern African version of the app at a discounted price of R461.33 (59.99 $). *
*Pricing is subject to the exchange rate